Haradih Attractions of ASI Ranchi Circle
Group of temples at Haradih
Haradih is situated in the Bundu block of Ranchi district of Jharkhand. The village is situated at a distance of 60 km from the state capital Ranchi, and 15 km from Tamar. The temple ruins proper is slightly away towards north of the village and located over the elevated mound amidst the agricultural fields and the river Kanchi flowing on the north. The ancient temple ruins were first time noticed by A Ghosh, the former Director General of Archaeological Survey of India in the year 1944. The surface study on the site reveals the plinth of the many stone as well as brick temples, out of which two dilapidated temples are still standing. An intact sixteen armed Mahisasuramardini Durga made of black stone measures 1.20 m in height and 60 cm in width is placed on a stone platform presently encased by the marble stone in the garbhagriha of the recently built new temple. Two small dilapidated rekha temples different in size consists of bada, gandi and mastaka made of granite stone are still standing on the south-western corner of the temple complex mound.